My 'Siesta Scripture Memory Verse Spiral' - YAY!!! :D
I have been waiting for days for this to arrive, because I just couldn't wait to get my first scripture to memorize in 2011 written down in it. I've been giddy with anticipation waiting on it to come in the mail. It was like Christmas all over again! Silly? :)

I am so excited, grateful, and blessed that Beth (Moore) came up with the Siesta Scripture Memory Team a few years ago. She is allowing us Siesta's to join her in memorizing 24 Scriptures this year! As a Team!
As a Christian, this sounds like such a simple and obvious goal that I should already have perfected, right? Well, it's not and I don't. It can actually be a challenge at times. The busyness of everyday life, of being a mom, a house wife and working my own business, it tends to eat away at my day pretty quickly. I look up and it's midnight and I haven't finished doing most of the things I needed to that day, much less forcing myself to stop and dedicate the time I need to in scripture. Satan has perfected his tactic of convincing me that I am just TOO busy or too tired/exhausted to crack open my bible and read.... especially when I can go to bed right then and do it tomorrow. **sigh** I fall for it every time, actually NO, I allow myself to use it as an excuse to be lazy and not do it! I hate to say it, but it happens and then I wake up feeling guilty and with guilt brings more guilt and with that brings the feeling of failure and I never end up opening my bible again until Sunday at church. It is a vicious cycle that I find myself in a lot of the time. Now, don't get me wrong, it is not the Lord that brings guilt my way, but me because I allow satan to provide me with an excuse to be lazy and then along comes the guilt. The Lord is patiently & graciously waiting for me to come to Him - in scripture, in prayer and in fellowship with Him! Always waiting and Always loving me. I am so blessed to be the daughter of a King! And it's time I start spending time with Him!
So, my Goal for 2011, is to STOP allowing myself to fall for the excuses that are so easily provided to me and Go before the Lord and spend time with Him,...Every Day!
Here is my FIRST Step & First Verse to Memorize in 2011:
'Fathers (parents), don't stir up anger in your children, but bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.' ~Ephesians 6:4

I can't wait to see where this journey takes me & my family! I am praying that 2011 is going to be a great year with the Lord! Beth had posted an excellence verse, on her blog, to start off the new year with, it is:
'You crown the year with Your good blessings, and You leave abundance in Your wake.'
~Psalm 65:11 (NET)
I think this shall be my 2nd verse to memorize in January! :D

Scentsy Independent Director
http://perfectscents4all.scentsy.us - Website
1 comment:
Hi Holly!
I'm doing the Scripture Memorization too!
I ordered two of the spirals before Christmas - one for me and one for my daughter. They arrived on Christmas Eve...just in time for me to put K.'s in her stocking.
I have the same prayer. I definitely make the excuse of being too busy to spend time with Him.
My goal for this year is to get more in shape physically & Spiritually. I'm trying to get up earlier & have my quiet time & then time on the treadmill. :(
I make EVERY excuse in the book to not get on there! Ha!
I'll be praying for you. I know it's a full time job when you have little ones. God will certainly bless the time you spend with Him each day.
I hope we get to meet again soon...before Jan. 2012!
Love ya,
Valerie
Post a Comment